Wednesday 18 June 2014

MIST.

I feel a little like a misty void. No longer sure where my walls are and what defines me as me, the things I won't and the things I will. Forgive me for being a bit vague and pretentious, but in winter when darkness falls at 5:30 and the temperature is rarely above 10 degrees, my mind seems to lose whatever it is that normally holds it together. There are times in life I suppose when you are suffering from neither the devastation of a great low or the excitement of a great high, and in my experience I have found these times to be the most difficult. 

The problem is that these mid-points stop me thinking like a normal (and hopefully passionate) person. They remove my physical motivation and render me senseless in front of a screen, watching endless series of archetypal nonsense in 22 episode form. I have found myself in the same unwashed jumper and cross legged position at around 4 o'clock everyday this week and begun wondering what I am doing with my life. Everyday wasted is.. Well, a day wasted. My thoughts and intentions, like the days themselves seem clouded, so, what to do about all this? I could lie to myself and promise to propel my life forward and spend each day drawing, travelling, singing and reading, living in the fashion of eat pray love. But in truth I know what I will do: nothing. 

Inspirational stuff, right? But unfortunately for anyone looking for enlightenment, that's it. These periods in life come and they go, so let it be (if you are thinking right now that i would be the worlds worst life coach, it's okay, i agree). With this newly found cavalier attitude in mind I find myself adapting my aims in life. For now these aims include consuming my weight in butter and watching at least 20+ hours of mindless television before something in me stirs, and I am reassured by my knowledge that this will pass, soon the fog will lift and so continues life's harrowing adventures. 

VoilĂ .

No comments:

Post a Comment