Wednesday 4 November 2015

EDINBURGH SO FAR. WOO!

Edinburgh.. Oh sweet edinburgh. Half way through my time here and I have written very very little because I have been caught in a flurry of living and fearing and feeling and seeing and meeting, and it has been absolute insanity.. Although as things are not yet over (if there is such a thing) I'm definitely a bit out of sorts when it comes to drawing conclusions and reflecting.. The increase in alcohol and decrease in sleep probably haven't helped in terms of staying sharp with a pen but eh, you live ya life.
I know it's been a while since I wrote or posted anything in real time, but imma give it a try. The problem is I always wanted this to be somewhere where I could write everything, a place of catharsis and lessons learnt, but recently it's felt too difficult to articulate fully how I feel about anything. And I suppose in part I am afraid at the thought of people actually reading the things I have to say, or the things I have to say about them. 
So instead of trying to write something  meaningful I'm just gonna list some things that have happened so far that amuse me. Not the big moments or memories, just the small things that capture how this feels for me... Honestly it's always the tiniest things, some of these are just things I want to remember for my own sake, and, to me, some of these are hilarious, so yolo. 
  
- The time I made Dan and Bryan my beautiful flatties walk an hour with me to buy discounted nikes in a different suburb because I am a terrible friend.
- Making extra efforts to appear friendly and domestic by cooking spag in a lovely lil Edinburgh flat for a bunch of boys I had no idea would end up boing some of my closest friends here. It's weird when you realise you met someone before you thought you'd met them, oh how first impressions are wrong haha.
- Being (almost) thrown out of a two storey high window.
- Making salmon all the time. This is significant enough to merit a mention. It's literally all I eat and I need to be stopped.
- Also pesto.
- Wathcing all of Blue Mountain State for like three days straight with Will and Jamie. Couch memz <3
- Just disappearing and having everyone wondering where I went.. A terrible charcter flaw but one of my favourite things to do is just leave for a few days and not let anyone know where. A rare chance to have something that's completely your own.
- First lil sainsburys shop and picnic with Immy and Bea in the meadows.
- Spending a socially unacceptable amount of time with Pippa in lovecrumbs divulging all the dirty deets of Ed. Grassmarket fish and chips afterwards in the meadows, joined by Saul who told us about the time he wrote a massively tragic love song for a girl and then sung it in front of her and her boyfriend. The best.
- Tears (for once, not mine), on beds, post party.
- That time I used Imogens deodorant as dry shampoo.
- Some cold, quiet and scary walks through marchmont and the meadows at night.. and all the hours prior..
- Endless bottles of £4.25 Soave, Sainsbury's best.
- Going to sainsburys with Will dressed only in a blanket and looking super classy and unsuspicious.
- Climbing Arthur's seat with the irish gang and taking my incredible marks and spencers stir fry to the highest point in Edinburgh bc yolo.

-Itchy feet! And pre itchy feet glamour transforming from red jumper and jeans into v suave and tight lbd. Thanks Pip.
- First ever cheeky nandos
- Lazy mornings lying in.. I look back in longing at the time I could rise from bed before eleven.
- Horrible flat harmonising and singing On My Way over and over and over and over... Never fails to make me smile (:
- That time me, Jam and Caroline all slept in her bed and Jamie clapping like an actual child when I brought him a cookie: genuinely hilarious.
- Making the poshest drunk meal of cream cheese and salmon on toast with Jamie after a night at Hive.
- Playing 21 (the actual best drinking game ever) with everyone on jams mattress, which was obvs not on the bed bc reasons.
-The first time I went to Rachel's, listening to the 1975 on vinyl and talking about all of our various probs hahaha, truly truly love that girl.
- Going to soap box slam poetry!
- Performing for the first time and being met with the most incredible reaction. Honestly so amazing and exhilarating. I really do feel blessed to have been able to share and to have had such an affect on people and to have so many girls come up to me afterwards and talk about their experiences.
- The people who lived in my room last year coming in drunk and staying for about half an hour while I was completely naked under my duvet. Defs a lesson in door locking.  

- Snuggling up with hot choc, Dominoes and The Dreamers with Rachy in her beautiful little apartment.
- Taking a heavenly break from da club Why Not and eating inappropriately large amounts of maccas with Sarah smith.
- The terrible few hours of having completely yellow hair in a failed bleaching attempt, and the humility building experience of walking an hour in the rain to the nearest chemist to sort it out. Shortly followed by the joys of an accidental perfect hue.
- Getting ollies mop and picking out his sisters birthday present in jewellery shops while he was potentially still v drunk hahaha. Well done.
- That absolutely flipping hilarious photo from Bongos.
- Weekend in Norwich. Paintball. Trapped in the closet. Very loudly saying a very very bad word in a fancy restaurant surrounded by disapproving old people. The queen <3 <3
-  That time I wore Yves Saint Laurent to Hive. As in jewellery from the incredibly beautiful design house YSL, to potentially the filthiest club in Edinburgh.. Which also by coincidence happens to be my favourite. I love gross. Disgust me please. Ah what a night.
- Halloweeeen. getting dressed up and getting down at potterow. having amazing friends who protect us from sleazy drunk boys. Alex's hilariously regrettable Abraham Lincoln costume.
- The questions game at Jamie and Frans birthday. All the secrets out. Imogen hilariously bad at thinking on the spot.
-Excited sing alongs and wig play with rach while we booked our Paris tickets! 
- All the mist.
- Seeing the Japanese house live in Glasgow. Absoluetly amazing.
- That weird time I walked past a pagan cult meeting in the meadows lololol.
- Much back cracking and various other homo-erotic action with baes.
- Forcing Alex P to lie down on the floor with me in Why Not and discovering the wonders of looking up. Preferably before being yelled at by security heh.
- The long, hilarious and cathartic walk to kebab king with darling Imogen in need to escape from a dramatic night haha. Nothing tastes as good as cheesy chips at 3 in the morning.

Hmmm...
x

No comments:

Post a Comment